The European Lightweight Association works in two ways: inwardly, by offering a platform on which companies and R&D institutions from different partner regions can network with each other; and outwardly, by making those companies and institutions, and their products and services, more visible on European and international levels.
This helps network members enjoy above-average success (compared with other countries) at:
- collaborating in multinational cooperation projects and taking advantage of access to public and cross-national financing.
- integrating the advantages of the complex possibilities offered by technology or production technology, and making them usable, in completely innovative fields of application and products.
- holding their own in existing markets by offering innovative products and solutions.
- developing and marketing products and solutions for new markets.
- promoting innovations from companies and R&D institutions internationally.
- increasing visibility, and thereby obtaining access to potential markets (manufacturers).
This will be of great benefit for many companies and R&D institutions domiciled in the participating regions; for the economic regions; and for those regions’ further economic, social, and sustainable development.
That the companies and research institutions of the regions represented in the ELA become global technological leaders in lightweight construction and become externally visible as such.
That the innovative and economic power of the lightweight construction sector will be sustainably strengthened in those regions.
The ELA aims to bring about higher added value through the complementary and synergetic cooperation of the integrated networks and their members than would be possible for each network alone. In particular, the following objectives should be attained:
- Strengthen the innovativeness of the lightweight construction sector in the regions by developing cooperation at the company and institutional levels, among other methods.
- Strengthen the economic power of the regions’ companies – through joint marketing platforms, for example.
- Make the regions of the ELA into a beacon for lightweight construction.
- Be a contact partner for politics at regional and European levels.
- Improve the regions’ respective networking by continually exchanging ideas and experiences.
Leichtbau BW – https://www.leichtbau-bw.de/start.html
Bayern Innovativ – https://www.bayern-innovativ.de/
Automotive Cluster @Business Upper Austria - OÖ Wirtschaftsagentur – https://www.biz-up.at/
Hightech Zentrum Aargau – https://hightechzentrum.ch/
METAINDUSTRY4. CLUSTER OF ADVANCED MANUFACTURING OF METAL INDUSTRY IN ASTURIAS. – https://metaindustry4.com/es/
Email: info [at] european-lightweight.com