Summary and objectives
Within this context, ELBE+ aims to contribute positioning Europe as the world technological and industrial leader in Blue Energy. This main goal is further developed into three specific objectives (and sub-objectives), which are:
1. To strengthen European Blue Energy New Value Chain
- To consolidate a true trans-regional European New Value Chain comprising the companies and other agents that are currently within each of the partners’ local value chains.
- To foster clusters & SMEs mutual knowledge, high-level trans-regional cooperation and partnership building among key leading Blue Energy regions in Europe, promoting matchmaking activities that could lead to open innovation spaces.
- To position SMEs into trans-European consortiums to compete and take a leading position globally in the Blue Energy sector.
2. To promote European Blue Energy Internationalisation with key specific actions, as described in the ELBE Internationalisation Strategy
- To develop concrete and useful market reports that provide differential competitive intelligence to European companies, helping them to identify business and internationalisation opportunities in the Blue Energy sector.
- To organise direct missions, reverse missions and other activities that allow ELBE+ partners’ companies to establish first-hand contact with key incumbents in target markets.
- To sign Cooperation Agreements with relevant international associations and clusters in third countries that act as a key partner for gathering intelligence, organising activities and providing soft landing services to European companies.
3. To assure the Long-Term Sustainability of the ELBE+ Alliance
- To strengthen the ESCP-4i by consolidating a common identity and developing joint promotional activities.
- To learn from successful and unsuccessful experiences from other partnerships, in order to improve efficiency and efficacy of ELBE+ initiatives.
- To continuously update the internationalisation strategy to guide the activities of the ELBE+ alliance, identifying new markets and added-value activities.
- To define a financial strategy that guarantees the sustainability of the alliance in the long term.
Partnership other activities
7 customised market reports with 2 specific webinars for their dissemination, providing differential competitive intelligence to European companies.
Update of current Internationalisation Strategy and definition of a financial sustainability strategy.
2 business missions to the US (one to the West Coast and one to the East Coast) focused on offshore wind energy.
1 business mission to the US (ICOE 2021) focused on Wave Energy.
2 exploratory trips to South East Asia (South Korea, Japan and/or Taiwan) focused on offshore wind and wave energy.
1 business mission to South East Asia (South Korea, Japan and/or Taiwan) focused on offshore wind.
1 business mission to Canada focused on Tidal Energy.
3 European Networking Events in both Offshore Wind and Wave & Tidal Energy.
1 incoming mission from a US delegation to Europe focused on offshore wind.