Summary and objectives
The general objective of the TEXGLOBAL project is to support the growth, the competitiveness and industrial modernisation of European Textile enterprises in long run by enhancing its innovation capacity.
SMEs of European Textile sectors have to confront daily with an increasing competition. SMEs have to increasingly integrate their activities into global value chains by mean of new cooperation. A partnership composed of main Textile clusters in Europe will allow to provide SMEs with specialised business support services such as specific and strategical contacts from the target market, the organisation of international study visits, partnering missions, matchmaking events and incoming events.
The activities of TEXGLOBAL project will support European SMEs to identify growth opportunities worldwide, raise their excellence and innovation capacities in a global ecosystem. Textile industry sustainability is based on the innovation process that bring to new products, applications, markets, production processes and services, and in this project will be transferred to SMEs the importance and, than the methodology, to find a right partner to develop, prototype and produce an INNOVATIVE GLOBALLY COMPETITIVE MATERIAL, PRODUCT OR SERVICE.
The TEXGLOBAL internationalisation strategy for SMEs address the following countries: Mexico, USA, Vietnam.
European Cluster Consortia 2012
Partnership other activities
The organization of an official mission comprises the following preparatory activities:
1. Uptake and in-depth analysis of the outcomes of the three market studies for the target countries.
2. Production of all mission schedule details: specific objectives, products and solutions to showcase at the mission, target final applications, list of potential beneficiaries, list of international partners to match, parallel events to address, matchmaking possibilities, study visits details, major event associated, etc.
3. Preparation of cooperation agreement drafts between the Partnership and international business and/or research intermediaries and/or other scaling-up organisations in the target country, to be discussed and finalised on the mission site or immediately after.
The official missions will contain the following activities:
• matchmaking: B2B, R2B and C2C meetings
• study visits of key research and business support infrastructures
• visit to a trade fair or similar world-class events (to be combined with the matchmaking activities)
• guided walking tours
• networking social occasions (i.e. networking cocktails or products showcasing).