European Enterprise Awards 2021 Winners selected
The top national projects for the European Enterprise Promotion Awards (EEPA) 2021 have been announced! National Coordinators submitted a total of 47 entries from 28 countries to the EEPA Secretariat for the next stage, which will be at the European level.
These projects will now compete across six categories, which focus on key priorities for SMEs. This year’s set of categories include two adapted ones, which address supporting the digital and sustainable transitions. The full set of categories are:
- Promoting the entrepreneurial spirit: Initiatives that promote an entrepreneurial mindset, especially among young people and women
- Investing in skills: Initiatives that improve entrepreneurial, managerial and employee skills
- Improving the business environment and supporting the digital transition: Initiatives that help make Europe attractive for starting and operating a business, simplify legislative and administrative procedures and supports enterprises’ digital transition
- Supporting the internationalisation of business: Initiatives that encourage small-to-medium size enterprises (SMEs) to benefit more from market opportunities
- Supporting the sustainable transition: Initiatives that support environmental aspects, including circular economy and climate neutrality
- Responsible and inclusive entrepreneurship: Initiatives that encourage corporate social responsibility among SMEs
The EEPA highlights and rewards initiatives that promote entrepreneurship and small businesses across national, regional and local levels. The awards aim to raise awareness of the role that entrepreneurs play in society, sharing best practices and inspiring the next generation of entrepreneurs.
What happens at the next stage? The EEPA jury will now look through all the national winners, whittling them down to a shortlist of nominees. They will be shortlisted in each category.
Those selected as nominees will be invited to the Awards Ceremony, presenting themselves at the SME Assembly, taking place in November 2021. One nominee will receive the Grand Jury’s Prize, which can be from any category and is awarded to the initiative considered to be the most creative and inspirational across Europe.
Keep updated with the EEPA 2021 by following their social media and the Promoting Enterprise News Portal, where you can find out which projects will be shortlisted in each category.