Who we are:
The European Automotive Cluster Network (EACN) is an initiative that reunites nine of the most important cluster initiatives in the automotive sector from seven European countries.
These clusters represent a total number of more than 1,400 member companies and research institutes, of which more than half are SMEs. EACN cluster members employ more than 345,000 people.
- Generate and/or increase confidence between the partners and their members (B2B and C2C, matchmaking events…).
- Create new knowledge by common projects by: cross-cluster creativity workshops, common innovation and cooperation projects and benchmark of best practices and success stories.
- Share and mutualise the financial risk of new tools.
- Generate new businesses.
The European automotive sector faces big challenges due to upcoming trends such as electric or shared mobility or autonomous and connected cars. In addition, new competitors such as e.g. Tesla, Google, Uber or Apple are entering to the market with new products and services. To hold or increase competitiveness, the European Automotive Industry needs to be innovative with regard to the products, the production, the processes and the people. Industrial modernisation, industry of the future, or Industry 4.0 are the main key issues allowing producing well adapted, cost-effective, and sustainable vehicles, and enabling Europe to stay a world-wide leader in this domain.
The European Automotive Cluster Network decided to focus the partnership activities in the field of Industry 4.0 – Factory of the Future – Industrial modernisation with the following four strategic domains:
- Product: new materials, new vehicle concepts, etc.
- Production: additive manufacturing, supply chain optimization, integrated and safe mobility, etc.
- Process: digitalisation, new and innovative production tools, etc.
- People: working environment, training/education, skills 4.0 and re-talenting to meet the skills gap, etc.
The following EACN member does not have an ECCP profile yet:
Each cluster situated on the European continent is invited to join the European Automotive Cluster Network EACN by contacting the Secretary General, Thomas Röhr, tr [at] vehiculedufutur.com