Who we are:
The European Automotive Cluster Network (EACN) is an initiative that reunites more than 20 clusters from the automotive -transport-mobility ecosystem across European countries.
These clusters represent a total number of more than 1,400 member companies and research institutes, of which more than half are SMEs. EACN cluster members employ more than 345,000 people.
- Generate and/or increase confidence between the partners and their members (B2B and C2C, matchmaking events…).
- Create new knowledge by common projects by: cross-cluster creativity workshops, common innovation and cooperation projects and benchmark of best practices and success stories.
- Share and mutualise the financial risk of new tools.
- Generate new businesses.
The European automotive sector faces big challenges due to upcoming trends such as electric or shared mobility or autonomous and connected cars. In addition, new competitors such as e.g. Tesla, Google, Uber or Apple are entering to the market with new products and services. To hold or increase competitiveness, the European Automotive Industry needs to be innovative with regard to the products, the production, the processes and the people. Industrial modernisation, industry of the future, or Industry 4.0 are the main key issues allowing producing well adapted, cost-effective, and sustainable vehicles, and enabling Europe to stay a world-wide leader in this domain.
The European Automotive Cluster Network decided to focus the partnership activities in the field of Industry 4.0 – Factory of the Future – Industrial modernisation with the following four strategic domains:
- Product: new materials, new vehicle concepts, etc.
- Production: additive manufacturing, supply chain optimization, integrated and safe mobility, etc.
- Process: digitalisation, new and innovative production tools, etc.
- People: working environment, training/education, skills 4.0 and re-talenting to meet the skills gap, etc.
A full list of EACN members can be found here: https://www.eacn-initiative.eu/cluster-members/
Each cluster situated on the European continent is invited to join the European Automotive Cluster Network EACN by contacting the Secretary General, Thomas Röhr, sg [at] eacn-initiative.eu