Summary and objectives
The main objective of the EU Techbridge project is to implement the joint internationalization strategy the 5 involved partners have developed in order to help SMEs fully utilize rising demand for sustainable energy and water-smart technologies in the United States and Canada. The specific objectives of this partnership are the following:
- Support European SMEs integrate themselves into value-chains at the intersection of energy and water in the US and Canada; Scale up a critical mass of European SMEs in the US and Canada by bringing at least 60 to physical matchmaking events, and securing at least 6 Business Partnership Agreements;
- Deepen collaboration between the partners and their SMEs, fostering the emergence of new value chains spanning the energy-water nexus;
- Establish and deepen collaboration with cluster initiatives in the United States and
Canada to build an understanding of local market opportunities, to strengthen linkages between local innovation ecosystems and those in Europe, and to facilitate SME internationalization into these markets;
- Strengthen the brand of the EU as a global innovator in energy and water in Canada and the US, two markets of strategic importance;
- Exploit synergies with other EU, national and regional projects to maximize impact on SMEs;
- Develop and share best practices for developing strategic partnerships in the target markets and supporting SMEs’ internationalization.
Partnership other activities
EU Techbridge will organise 5 matchmaking missions from Europe to Canada and the United States. Before each mission, interested SMEs will be invited to participte to webinars where the North American challenge owners will specify their technology needs. Aﬅer that, European SMEs will be invited to apply presenting their solutions. The selected SMEs will participate to a first phase of virtual matchmaking, which will be followed by the physical mission. The first mission is scheduled for Spring of 2021.