In the context of the TechDays – Match Up! event by THE NEXT SOCIETY, the EU – South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event will take place virtually on 12-13 October 2021.
The event will be organised by the European Commission, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP), and Ceipiemonte - the Piemonte Agency for Investments, Export and Tourism.
The event will build on the accomplishments of the first EU – South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event organised in April 2019 in Casablanca, Morocco, as well as on the successes of THE NEXT SOCIETY’s earlier actions on clusters. During the ‘Meet Up’ event in June 2021, participants – including clusters, SMEs, start-ups, researchers and industry experts – from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia and Europe were invited to discuss common visions, initiate discussions and co-creative processes by bringing out ideas of pilot projects. These pilot projects were followed up during the ‘Catch-Up’ event two months later. The purpose of the October 2021 Match Up event will be to encourage collaborations that are expected to ultimately result partnership agreements.
It will gather cluster organisations, business network organisations and SMEs from the EU (and non-EU COSME) countries and South MED countries. It will be a unique opportunity for participants to explore common areas of interest for cooperation and to strengthen economic ties, connecting actors wishing to pursue trade, investment and partnering opportunities.
A call for expression of interest targeting cluster organisations, business network organisations and SMEs from the EU (and non-EU COSME) and South MED countries who wish to participate, has been released.
The event features the following items:
- A preparatory webinar – an opportunity to receive guidance on how to participate successfully in the planned event
- An online seminar on business and cluster cooperation opportunities between the EU (and non-EU COSME) countries and South MED countries
- Virtual inter-cluster and inter-company matchmaking sessions between clusters and companies from Europe and from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, and Tunisia.
- Online site visits
Key areas of focus will be:
- Agriculture and food industry
- Creative industries and tourism
- Digital solutions
- Sustainable energy and greentech
- Transport and mobility
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the matchmaking event will be held virtually.
Find the call for expression of interest here.