As the EU and Japan accelerate efforts to decarbonise the economy, the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation is organising free online events bringing together experts, business leaders, and other stakeholders from the EU and Japan to share synergies and opportunities for joint action. The next webinar will be held on the 30 June at 9am CEST, and will look at ‘Trade & Industry towards Carbon Neutrality’.
Experts and business leaders will address:
- Renewable energy: Decarbonising the economy;
- Hydrogen: A new vector to store and distribute low-carbon energy;
- Transport: Towards zero-emission mobility;
- Raw materials for decarbonised economies.
- Ms. Ewa Synowiec, Director for Trade, Sustainable Development and Green Deal, DG TRADE, the European Commission
- Mr. Takashi Omote, Deputy Director-General for Trade Policy and Industrial Science and Technology Policy, Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry of Japan
Session 1: ‘Renewable energy: Decarbonising the economy at the source’
- Mr. David Kang, Head of Japan and Korea Research at BloombergNEF
- Mr. Gu Yoon Chung, Head of Business Development Asia Pacific, South Korea Country Manager at Enel Green Power
- Mr. Satoshi Kuwano, Executive Officer, New business Promotion & Decarbonisation Community Energy Division at Kansai Electric Power Company
Session 2: ‘Hydrogen: a new vector to store and distribute low-carbon energy’
- Mr. Jorgo Chatzimarkakis, Secretary General at Hydrogen Europe
- Mr. Hiroshi Fukushima, Senior Managing Executive Officer at the Japan Hydrogen Association
Q&A: ‘Clean energy for clean industries, transport, and buildings’
Session 3: ‘Transport: towards zero-emission mobility’
- Dr. Ruth Heuss, Senior Partner at McKinsey & Company
- Mr. Lutz Rothhardt, Director of Development Japan at BMW Group
- Mr. Ferry Franz, Head of Hydrogen Affairs at Toyota Motor Europe
Session 4: ‘Raw materials for decarbonized economies’
- Mr. Rodolfo Lacy, Environment Director from OECD
- Mr. Atsuya Hanazawa, President Japan from Umicore
- Mr. Minoru Hasegawa, Assistant General Manager, Inorganic Chemicals Department, Chemicals Division from Sojitz Corporation
Q&A: ‘Clean energy for clean industries, transports, and buildings’
If you have any questions about this series of events or the webinar, please contact spipa-japan [at] eu-japan.or.jp.
If you would like to be informed about future events in this series, please subscribe here.
Register here for the event on Carbon Neutrality.