Cross-border and cross-ecosystem collaboration and investments can help deliver the green and digital transition of the European economy and society. To be efficient, the EU, the Member States, the regions, and the businesses and business networks should commit to a new way of cooperation: facilitate the development of joint cross-border innovation agendas, set an innovation-friendly regulatory framework, increase and pool funding and investments, and take into account business visions for new opportunities.
The European Cluster Collaboration Platform, on behalf of the European Commission, has organised the EU Clusters Talk “Crossing Borders: Instruments of Interregional Collaboration” on 22 March 2023, 8:30 – 9:45 CET, to speak about different instruments of public funding to support interregional collaboration, suggestions on how to improve them, and the role of clusters.
Speakers of this EU Clusters Talk included:
- Benoit Esmanne, Policy Officer, DG GROW, European Commission;
- Estelle Roger, Programme Manager, DG REGIO, European Commission;
- Milena Stoyanova, Project Adviser, EISMEA, European Commission;
- Aitor Mintegui, EU Affairs Officer, Basque Country Delegation to the EU (Vanguard Initiative);
- Mervi Karikorpi, Head of EU Innovation & Industrial Policy, Technology Industries of Finland;
- Marielle Campanella, Head of European Projects, Pôle SCS (Eurocluster DREAM).
This event is part of bi-weekly online meetings brought to the cluster community by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform. They offer up-to-date insights into the latest industrial policies and clusters’ involvement, projects, and best practices, the latest ECCP news, and funding opportunities. The EU Clusters Talks are a space to exchange knowledge and to discuss cluster-relevant topics, which will change with every meeting.
The slides for this EU Clusters Talk are available to download.
Watch the full recording of the webinar:
Location and date