Are you involved in pharmaceutical and healthcare supply chains, whether you're involved with research, advanced manufacturing, IT, raw materials, logistics or any other stage?
The European Commission is inviting you to a series of online events to offer African and European organisations the opportunity to forge new ties within the pharma, biotech and medtech industries to address global health needs.
18 May: Webinar ‘Understanding the markets’
- Technical experts from the EU and Africa will address questions regarding potential challenges for business engagement. Some of these questions were already raised at the EU-Africa Business Forum that took place in February 2022.
- The webinar will cover issues like industrial development and supply chains, trade facilitation, regulatory situation, product quality, access to programs, skills and trainings, and research.
- A tutorial will also be provided to all the companies interested in participating in the marketplace and matchmaking meetings.
- Speakers line-up to be published soon.
Interested? Please register here
18 May - 5 June: Registration to the EU-Africa pharma and healthcare marketplace
- Companies, research organisations and investors in Africa and the European Economic Area are invited to register in our marketplace between the 18 May and the 5 June.
- Only validated companies will be able to participate in the matchmaking meetings.
Please check the conditions for participation and register here
6 June: Welcome to the EU-Africa marketplace
- Validated entities will now be able to search for potential business partners in the marketplace and book meetings until the 28 June. Meetings will take place on 27 and 28 June.
Please scout interesting organisations and schedule your meetings as soon as possible
27 June: Webinar: Future for EU-Africa healthcare
27 June - 28 June: Matchmaking meetings
Do not forget to fill out the satisfaction survey to let us know more about your experience of participating in this initiative.
This objectives of the EU-Africa Pharma and Healthcare Marketplace & Matchmaking Events are:
- To build-up and strengthen the existing relationship between EU and Africa on quality, safe, effective and affordable health products production to address global health needs.
- To support the research uptake, innovation and manufacturing of vaccines, therapeutics, diagnostics, equipment or other health technologies necessary to prevent and treat diseases particularly prevalent in Africa or relevant for global threats.
- To enhance the collaboration between EU and African organisations in the value chains of pharma and medical technology industry.
We would like to emphasise that this series is worthy of the attention of organisations who have not previously considered opportunities in Africa, as well as those that have.