Don't miss - Call for Expression of Interest: Short-term Mobility Programme in Japan for EU Industry Cluster Managers
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation will organise via its Regional and Cluster Cooperation helpdesk a “short-term mobility programme in Japan for EU industry Cluster managers” in order to support the international cooperation between industry clusters in the EU and their counterparts in Japan, and to promote the internationalisation of the EU Cluster-hosted SMEs and EU-Japan business, trade and innovation partnerships .
Project Officers / Managers / Staff in charge of Cluster internationalization working in EU Industry clusters are eligible and invited to apply by filling in pages 2 and 3 of this call and returning their reply by e-mail to [email protected] no later than August 31st 2022; up to 10 EU Industry Cluster Managers will be selected, with up to 1 person from each cluster.
Candidates are required to include the potential Japanese partner clusters they would like to discuss with during their mission. The mission is expected to last for a period of up to 6 weeks, with expenses for each candidate covered up to 700 EUR per week.
EU Cluster Applicants should (i) be registered on the ECCP and should provide a link of their ECCP profile in the application form, and (ii) be based in the EU Member States or the participating countries in the COSME strand of the Single Market Programme.
The goals of this mobility programme is in line with the European Commission’s priority actions for supporting the internationalisation of EU industry clusters in the context of Japan:
- to promote and support partnering with Japanese Clusters and counterpart organisations;
- to raise awareness about the excellence of EU industry / innovation clusters with the aim to help EU Clusters bring their innovative start-ups and SMEs to the Japanese market;
- to explore various forms of Cluster collaboration with Japanese counterpart organisations in the areas of industry, trade and research and innovation;
- To contribute to the implementation of (i) the EU-Japan Green Alliance, (ii) the EU-Japan Digital Partnership, (iii) the EU-Japan EPA, and the EU-Japan Business cooperation in third countries.
- Beginning of July (tentative): Call for expressions of interest is open;
- End of August (tentative) : Closing of the call - Selection of the candidates on the basis of (i) experience of the EU industry cluster manager, (ii) plan for cooperation with stakeholders in Japan, and (iii) potential for EU-Japan business cooperation.
Find all information about this call and apply here.