DITECFER District for Rail Technologies, High Speed, Networks Safety and Security
DITECFER Distretto per le Tecnologie Ferroviarie, l Alta Velocità e la Sicurezza delle Reti S.c.ar.l.
DITECFER is the Rail Technologies Cluster based in Tuscany-Italy. It is composed by:
- companies working both in the segment of railway vehicles and components manufacturing and in the segment of technologies and installations for railway infrastructures;
- academia and research organisations with specific competences for the railway field (from industry 4.0 manufacturing process to ICT-based systems, from mechatronics to development of new materials, etc.);
- certification and homologation bodies for the railway sector;
- industry associations of the railway sector.
DITECFER supports its members in all research and innovation activities, acquisition of strategic know-how and business networking to grow the whole supply chain and open new international markets. In particular, the areas where DITECFER majorly operates are the following:
- Business Development
- Competitive Intelligence
- Innovation Networking
- International Development
- Fairs and Missions
- Calls for proposals and financing
- Project building and coordination
- Training, Empowerment and Education.
DITECFER has developed a strong know-how in the internationalisation field through development of joint activities for the members (more than 25 fairs and missions organised so far) and also as Coordinator of the "ESCP-4i PERES" (Promoting European Rail Excellence outSide EU).
DITECFER has also developed strong skills in Cluster Excellence and Leadership in Cluster Management as Coordinator of the EXXTRA ESCP-4X.
Also DITECFER is member of the European Commission Expert Group on the Competitiveness of the Rail Supply Industry, where it mainly contributes to the topic of SMEs' market access.
Established - 29 July 2014
Staff in the management team - 1-5
Support services for upskilling and reskilling of companies workforce
- Competence development
8Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
1Number of civil society members
3Other Ecosystem Actors
Connection to cluster organisation(s)
|Anatolian Rail Transportation Systems Cluster||
|Birmingham Centre for Railway Research and Education Rail Innovation Centre (UK)||
Membership in Cluster Partnerships or initiatives
|PERES-Promoting European Rail Excellence outSide EU||
|EXXTRA - EXcellence EXchange and Teaming-up between RAilway clusters and ecosystems||