DigiCirc launches second open call for Blue Economy solutions
DigiCirc accelerates innovation by identifying cutting-edge circular economy solutions and promoting business development. From 2020–2022, DigiCirc is organising three Accelerator Programmes, with €2.4 million in funding for SMEs in:
- Circular cities;
- Blue economy;
The second open call has now been launched and is looking for European SMEs or start-ups that can use digital tools or apply cutting-edge solutions in the circular economy by addressing challenges in the Blue economy.
What’s in it for SMEs?
- Up to €60,000 equity free funding per SME/start-up;
- Access to four digital tools;
- One-on-one business coaching;
- Mentoring support provided by industry experts.
To apply, applicants must be a consortium of at least two SMEs or start-ups, and be based in an EU Members State or a Horizon 2020 Associated Country.
You must also address one of these Blue Economy challenges:
- Develop solutions, products, and services based on digital technologies to increase sustainability, circularity, and competitiveness in aquaculture;
- Create solutions to empower circularity and sustainability for coastal tourism using digital technologies;
- Increase efficiency in port activities through digital technologies;
- Solutions to optimise marine energy;
- Solutions for maritime transport;
- Solutions, products, and services based on digital technologies to make shipbuilding and repair more sustainable and circular;
- Solutions for marine ecosystem protection.
The programme will run until March 2022.
Apply to the second open call here.