Led by the European Business and Innovation Centre Network (EBN), the DeFINE Forum 2021 is an interactive event designed to help speed- and scale-up fashion-tech startups in Europe.
A conference for innovators, incubators, financiers, and game-changers in the fashion tech space, the DeFINE Forum is challenging the status quo, bringing the opportunity to connect with progressive fashion-tech startups and explore strategies and ideas from experts in this space to the forefront.
Driven to challenge, connect, and create, the ‘DeFINE Forum 2021: Speed- and scale-up fashion-tech in Europe’ conference will take place on 29 April on virtual events platform Hopin.
In the morning, the DeFINE Forum 2021 will explore the latest innovation and market trends in fashion-tech.
Sessions will discuss:
- Crossovers between community and fashion-tech innovations;
- How new technologies are reshaping the way our clothes are designed, manufactured, marketed and distributed;
- The technological challenges and market opportunities for European fashion-tech startups;
- How startups are paving the way for innovation.
Afternoon sessions will examine the best set of tools for supporting fashion-tech startups, with a special focus on the support provided by incubators, accelerators, and policymakers (at a national and EU level).
Sessions will discuss:
- The key tools, services and equipment available;
- Best practices in supporting fashion-tech startups;
- The views of incubators and accelerators on existing mentoring tools;
- Access to finance and investment trends in fashion-tech;
- The importance of innovation and business support communities for the future of fashion-tech entrepreneurship;
- The vision of the EU for the fashion-tech industry;
- How a sustainable fashion industry contributes to a European Green Deal.
Who should attend?
The DeFINE Forum 2021 is designed for accelerators, hubs, and clusters. Start-ups, SMEs, as well as fashion and technology professionals would also benefit from attending the event.
10.30 - 11.00
Jorge Pimenta (IPN, EBN), Muchaneta Kapfunde (FashionNerd), Paola Bertola (Polimi), Silvia Draghi (European Commission)
11.00 - 11.30
Explore the future of fashion-tech: A conversation with the Fashion Innovation Agency, London College of Fashion
Costas Kazantzis (Fashion Innovation Agency at London College of Fashion), Jorge Pimenta (IPN, EBN), Moin Roberts Islam (Fashion Innovation Agency at London College of Fashion)
11.30 - 12.30
Challenges and growth opportunities of European fashion-tech companies
Archibald Charlet (LVMH), Erik Bang (H&M Foundation), Fredrik Timour (Swedish Fashion Council), Muchaneta Kapfunde (FashionNerd), Natalija Krasnoperova (Studio Hilo), Sara Diaz (Studio Hilo)
14.00 - 14.30
DeFINE: Explore the fashion-tech ecosystem
Christian Kunz (Plug and Play Brand and Retail), Fabio Montagnino (Cyprus Institute, EBN), Giusy Cannone (Fashion Technology Accelerator), Muchaneta Kapfunde (FashionNerd)
14.30 - 15.30
Is there a need for a tailored business coaching for fashion-tech startups?
Chiara Colombi (Polimi), Giusy Cannone (Fashion Technology Accelerator), Jan Karlsson (FreyZein Outerwear), Lars Mattiasson (xPlot platform), Simon Hjelte (Ink Boras)
15.45 - 16.45
Impact of EU innovation policies and vision for fashion-tech communities
Esther Peñalver (BIC Murcia, EBN), Lisa Lang (Euratex), Mauro Sampellegrini (Sistema Moda Italia), Paola Bertola (Polimi), Silvia Draghi (European Commission)
16.45 - 17.00
Jorge Pimenta (IPN, EBN), Muchaneta Kapfunde (FashionNerd)