The Council of European BioRegions asbl (CEBR)
CEBR is a membership-driven network of life science clusters across Europe, with approximately 40 subscription members and hundreds of cluster partners across the world. Together, we represent and support thousands of SMEs and hundreds of universities and research centres.
CEBR was initiated over 15 years ago by clusters seeking to work directly together for stronger local and international development of Europe’s life science sector.
Our vision is:
To strengthen transfer of knowledge and collaboration between life science clusters/ecosystems in Europe and support sustainable growth for SMEs, creating a competitive Europe in the global economy
Our Mission is to:
- Create a European platform for cluster/network development & collaboration
- Increase visibility of clusters/ bioregions and their contribution to sustainable growth
- Joint activities to support SME development
CEBR’s objectives include:
- Strengthen the knowledge transfer and best practise between clusters
- Reduce fragmentation of clusters across Europe
- Transform competitieness into cooperation between clusters
- Improe support for cluster planning and management through sharing good practice and joint initiatives
- Create a profile for European clusters on the world stage
- Adocate for the importance of sustainable growth in Europe's SMEs within life science
- Raise the awareness of how life science clusters contribute to sustainable growth among decision makers on regional, national and European level
- Create a platform through which SMEs in European clusters gain support and isibility through joint cluster activities
CEBR activities include:
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) on issues concerning all aspects of cluster development, from the relation with the institutions, to specific microfunding schemes, members are the ones driving the work within this group.
- Cluster project development – clusters developing and implementing international projects where opportunities and results engage all member clusters for the benefit of their own services to their community.
- Annual meeting – 1.5 day conference where members and other cluster managers come together around topics critical to cluster development and management.
- Webinars on a monthly basis
- Members’ Newsletter
- Networking activities for the members
CEBR is active at EU level, through its involvement in several EU funded intiatives such as Safe-n-Medtech (www.safenmt.eu), and through the launch of its position paper.
Visit www.cebr.net to find out more about CEBR and how it can serve your cluster development, or contact Anaïs Le Corvec through info [at] cebr.net or Marta Gonzalez at communication [at] cebr.net