Construction Blueprint. Skills Blueprint for the Construction Industry is a project funded by the 2018 Call of the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, inscribed within Key Action 2 of the Sector Skills Alliances (Lot 3) for implementing a new strategic approach (Blueprint) to sectoral cooperation on skills.
The main objective of Construction Blueprint is to develop a new sectoral strategic approach to cooperate on skills in the Construction industry, and support a better matching between skills need of companies and skills provided by training centres. To achieve this goal successfully, the project gathers three Sectoral European Organizations, along with nine National Sectoral representatives and twelve Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Higher Education providers from twelve European Union countries.
Duration: 4 years, from January 2019 to December 2022.
Budget: 4.000.000 €.
- Project Coordinator: Fundación Laboral de la Construcción (Spain).
Sectoral Skills Strategy
This Blueprint will be arranged through a Sectoral Skills Strategy, that will bring together lessons learned from other initiatives and will be outlines from a holistic approach, identifying political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental factors which may be affecting sector skills and training offer. Encompassed with activities, milestones, outcomes and outputs, the following activities will be developed during the course of the project:
- Collecting good practices at national and regional level to illustrate and promote other initiatives addressing skill gaps.
- Designing and deliver a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) to raise awareness among construction workers about new skills drivers: digitalisation, energy efficiency and circular economy.
- Creating a tool (Observatory) to provide valuable information about particular skill needs at least at regional/national level.
- Building upon a revision methodology of construction professional profiles and qualifications.
- Carrying out an outreach campaign for the Construction industry to promote its attractiveness among youngsters and women, identifying and promoting solutions to facilitate mobility of construction workers in Europe.
- Creating a new virtual tool (website) where all project outputs will be available for stakeholders, as well as a Sector Skills Alliance platform for collaborative work.
Blueprint will be starting deployed by getting main market players involved (Education-Economic-Political-Environment-Civil Society/Cultural) taking up opportunities to make the best of their talents. They will constitute together with the partnership, the Sector Skills Alliance, the necessary driver to push a sustainable sectoral strategy and Blueprint implementation.
This Blueprint for the Construction industry gathers three Sectoral European Organisations, along with nine national sectoral representatives and twelve Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Higher Education providers from twelve European Union countries.
Sectoral European Organizations:
- Fundación Laboral de la Construcción.
National Sectoral Representatives:
- European Construction Industry Federation (FIEC).
- European Federation of Building and Woodworkers (EFBWW).
- European Builders Confederation (EBC).
Construction VET and Higher Education Providers:
- Associazione Nazionale Costruttori Edili (Ance) -Italy-.
- Confédération Construction (CC) -Belgium-.
- Confederación Nacional de la Construcción (CNC) -Spain-.
- Fédération Française du Bâtiment (FFB) -France-.
- Gospodarska Zbornica Slovenije (CCIS) -Slovenia-.
- Lithuanian Builders Association (LSA) -Lithuania-.
- Panhellenic Association of Engineers Contractor of Public Works (PEDMEDE) -Greece-.
- Zentralverband des Deutschen Baugewerbes (ZDB) -Germany-.
- Budowlani -Poland-.
- Institute of Vocational Training (AKMI) -Greece-.
- Berufsförderungswerk der Bauindustrie NRW gGmbH (BFW-NRW) -Germany-.
- Bildungszentren des Baugewerbes e.V. (BZB) -Germany-.
- Comité de Concertation et de Coordination de l’Apprentissage du Bâtiment et des Travaux Publics (CCCA-BTP) -France-.
- Centre IFAPME Liège-Huy-Verviers -Belgium-.
- Centro de Formação Profissional da Indústria da Construção Civil e Obras Públicas do Sul (Cenfic) -Portugal-.
- Ente per la Formazione e l’addestramento professionale nell’edilizia (Formedil) -Italy-.
- Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) -Ireland-.
- Satakunnan Koulutuskuntayhtymä (Sataedu) -Finland-.
- Šolski center Kranj (SCKR) -Slovenia-.
- Viesoji istaiga Vilniaus statybininku rengimo centras (VSRC) -Lithuania-.
During the project life, the partnership will develop several phases to achieve the objectives and to obtain outcomes that support the main objective: New Sectoral Strategic approach to cooperate on skills in the Construction industry.
- Construction Status Quo and Sectoral Skills Strategy.
- Enabling transnational sector-wide new skills.
- WatchTower of skills needs in the Construction industry.
- Study on occupational profiles and qualifications.
- Outreach campaigns for the Construction industry.
- Sector Skills Alliance and deployment of the Blueprint.