Bulgarian Furniture Cluster
A cluster strategy was prepared at the end of 2015. The main objectives of this strategy are stated below:
The key elements of the strategy follow a normal pattern for Clusters, particularly in the Manufacturing sector. The 12 sections of this are interlinked and all will also feed off the findings of the Value Chain Analysis which review 30 SMEs (15 – in the Cluster; 15 – outside Cluster).
Also the need to improve and acquire Silver label status of the European Cluster Excellence Management Program means that certain actions need to be followed by Cluster staff to be further accredited (to achieve this would mean the ability to take part in key EU programs and projects).
A heading of an internationalization covers 2 elements:
- Export Development
- International Project Development
Export Development is the subject of a specific "Export Strategy" to be prepared for August 2015. The recommendations from that will be placed in this section at that time.
On International Project Development these are exciting times for BFC:
- The Furnitu-RE Project is led by BFC and may lead to a further, much larger Project
- Supply Chain Development moves using Romanian and Turkish suppliers could be developed as a Pan – EU Project
- A Design Project work opened up with Copenhagen and Turkey is a possible EU Project and
- X-Cluster work is highly mentioned on the EU Agenda – e.g. Geriatric living; Passport for Wood Products (needing IT solutions); Interior Life-Style concepts etc.
The work with Romania and Turkey, as well as previous work with Serbia, may lead to a future X-Border Project.
The Strategy for the next 3 years might be as follows:
- 2015/ 16: develop the Furnitu-RE Project on Re-Manufacturing
- 2016/ 17: apply for Design Project X-Europe
- 2017/ 18: apply for X-Border or X-Cluster Project
Since most of these projects are started slowly and take up to 18 months to be born, the preparatory work needs to start and continue over the next 12 months.
The strategy also provides guidelines for the development of: Business Improvement, Technical Improvement, New Products, Skills Development, Schools/ University links, Design, New Projects, Marketing, Staffing, Funding
Established - 11 August 2009
Staff in the management team - 1-5
Support services for upskilling and reskilling of companies workforce
- Competence development
3Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
Membership in cluster networks, meta clusters and national associations of clusters
|Profile name||Location||Network type|
|Association Of Business Clusters|
|BULGARIAN BRANCH CHAMBER OF WOODWORKING AND FURNITURE INDUSTRY|