The BioBase4SME network, representing many leading bio-based economy experts, will advise SMEs from across North-West Europe on how to develop new ideas into marketable products. The BioBase4SME project intends to help Start-ups and SME to overcome technological and non-technological barriers to bring their innovation to market.
The project offers:
- Workshops and professional training free of charge
- Innovation vouchers worth up to €100.000
- Innovation Biocamps
The support offered through the voucher system can consist of:
- Technical assistance such as scale-up to pilot scale
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Techno-economic evaluation
- Market research
- Feedstock analysis
- Social acceptance
- Business planning and business plan support
- ...or a combination thereof.
Partners involved are AC3A (France), Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant (Belgium), CLIB2021 (Germany), Flanders Biobased Vallely (Belgium), Materia Nova (Belgium), NNFCC (UK), REWIN (NL), TCBB Resource (Ireland).
In the biobased economy lays a big opportunity for Europe. Locally produced biobased feedstocks rather than imported fossil resources are used to produce materials, chemicals, energy… creating a new knowledge and technology intensive economy with high employment potential and with reduced environmental impact.
BioBase4SME in figures
- 525 SMEs supported by January 2019
- 56 Innovation Coupons granted for a total amount of 1.5 Mio EUR
- 29 Transnational Workshops and/or Trainings organised
BioBase4SME on Social Media
Active Twitter account: @BioBase4SME (status by end of 2018: 880 tweets, 1220 followers)
Innovation BioCamps are intensive, fully funded entrepreneurship training for biobased SMEs.
- Edition 2017: Read/watch the feedback we received from the 2017 participants. https://vimeo.com/244015186
- Edition 2018: 16 SMEs and start-ups from 7 NWE countries.
- Edition 2019: scheduled for 05 - 10 May 2019
- Pilot facility for anaerobic digestion and pyrolysis in Ireland, Brochure available
- New Equipment installed: New hopper, syngas kit, AD pump, milling & pelletisation unit
- Two project meetings per year
- Monthly teleconference
- Daily contact with partners
- 50 % of the project partners are represented by females; 3 of 4 main leadership roles in the project are held by females