The Advanced Technologies for Industry project publishes a report on advanced technologies in China
As part of its International Reports, the Advanced Technologies for Industry (ATI) project has analysed the uptake of advanced technologies in China.
The objective of the ATI international reports is to explore the technology and policy landscape of selected non-European countries.
Country performance in advanced technologies is presented based on patent, trade and investment data.
This recent report is an update of the China report published in 2020 and focuses on:
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
- Advanced Manufacturing and Robotics
These topics represent technologies where China has been developing quickly and important lessons can be drawn for the EU. The analysis relies on the data collected within the ATI project and is complemented by experts’ opinions.
The report covers the following:
- China’s performance in terms of technology generation (patent applications), trade and venture capital data
- The Chinese ecosystem in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
- Chinese Advanced Manufacturing and Robotics ecosystem
- The impact of and economic responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
Find the full report here.