The Smart City Programme. A new scenario to share, transfer and expand the development of Smart Cities
Tuesday 13th of July has been the final day of a 5-dates programme organized by the SmartCTClusters project, lead by Clúster Digital de Catalunya and with the support of all project partners, especially Leipzig’s trade & cluster management association (NEU e.V.), who hosted the ClusterXchange with more than 20 SMEs and Research Centers.
We are extremely happy to have organized a programme gathering 5 international experts and speakers, 4 Smart City representatives, 16 stakeholders or market players, and 16 SMEs pitching their innovative solutions around the pillars of ENERGY, ICT, MOBILITY, and PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION. And finally the interest of more than 115 registered participants from 17 different countries (Bulgaria, Crete, France, Germany, India, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Macedonia, Netherlands, Pakistan, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, and the UK), representing relevant agents of the Smart cities ecosystem, such as City Councils, Clusters, Professional Associations, Companies & SME, non-profit-organizations, Public Administrations, Start-Ups, Technology Consulting agencies, and technological centers.
We would like to thank first of all the participants, with whom we will are sharing below the material generated during the programme (recordings, presentations, and details of SMEs pitching). We would also like to mention the speakers and stakeholders who have been the real protagonists and want to thank them for sharing their experiences, knowledge, insights, and strategies, and especially for their proactiveness in order to explain the "not-always-easy" approaches to understand and bring solutions to the challenges that we are facing as citizens within our living environments (Cities, Regions, Countries, Continents, and World).
We look forward to strengthening the links created within this programme and incorporate your contributions, ideas, and willingness to progress in our upcoming Joint Strategy and roadmap of actions.
To all of you THANK YOU!!
The Masterclass Speakers
- Cristina Garrido - Director of Innovation & Strategy at anteverti & Deputy Curator Smart City Expo World Congress (Barcelona)
- Gordon Falconer - Smart City Strategy Consultant and previous Head of Strategy for Masdar City in Abu Dhabi (Sidney)
- Michael Lake - Smart City Expert and CEO of Leading Cities, Boston USA
- Ibrahim Kocagoz - Smart City, Sustainability, Renewable Energy and Technology Expert
The City sessions Market players Representing Public Administration stakeholders
- Maria Galindo, Advisor in International Digital Policy - Government of Catalonia
- Sebastian Graetz from City of Leipzig - Digital Department
- Metodi Avramov from the Sofia Urban Mobility Center
- Nicola Farronato - Head of Innovation team, City of Torino
Representing Mobility stakeholders
- Albert Tortajada - Infrastructure Director at Ferrocarrils Generalitat Catalunya
- Moritz Oesterlink from CleverShuttle
- Lubomir Stanislavov from the Automotive Cluster Bulgaria
- Lorenzo Berzi - Prof. at Univ. of Florence - Smart City, Mobility & Energy in the City of Florence
Representing Energy stakeholders
- Uwe Fischer from Leipziger Stadtwerke, Municipal Energy Supplier
- Stefan Abadjiev from the Bulgarien energy and mining forum
- Enrico Pochettino - Head of Innovation Department, Gruppo IREN
- Alberto García Casas - Smart Cities y GGCC Smart Solutions Director at Iberdrola
Representing ICT stakeholders
- Iñigo Larraondo from IDOM
- Luis Nogueira Marques de Padua Nogueira from Oracle
- Ivan Mihailov from VISTEON
- César Pacheco from Circular Business Models Project from Fondazione Torino Wireless
The Moderator, City representatives, and Speaker
- Carles Agustí International Governance & Technology Consultant & Sustainable Development Goals Manager and City of Barcelona
- Raffaele Gareri Chief Digital Officer, Head of Economic Development City of Rome
- Frans-Anton Vermast Smart City Strategy | Public & International Affairs at Smart City Amsterdam
- Prof. King Wang Academic & Expert on Smart Cities; Strategy, Future of Work, Education, & Healthcare, City of Singapore
- International Keynote Speaker “Bernardo Scheinkman” Architect, Urban Planner, CEO at Smart Cities Americas
And the Innovative SMEs and innovative solutions
ICT & Technology
Energy and Sustainability
You can find the full content and recorded session at the following LINK.