Mesap goes to Europe #7/2021 | Latest updates on international opportunities before the summer break!
>> BOOST4BSO: The Open Call for digital transformation support has been extended to 30 July
Last days to apply for the Open Call of the Interreg Central Europe BOOST4BSO project, of which MESAP is a partner. The Call provides for the selection of 8 SMEs from Northern Italy to which a free and personalized digital transformation support will be provided. The service will start in September 2021 and includes:
- An assessment to define the level of corporate maturity towards the 4.0 paradigm.
- The analysis of different scenarios including new business models and enabling technologies in the production cycle.
- The definition of a customized Action Plan for the implementation of the digital transformation.
Details and applications by July 30 here: https://www.mesap.it/open-call-boost4bso/
>> E2DRIVER: Free training in the energy field, starting autumn 2021
The objective of the E2DRIVER project is to train SMEs in the automotive sector to improve their energy efficiency at low costs. The project provides a training platform and an innovative learning methodology, which uses pedagogical approaches such as Ontological Flip-Teaching (OFT) associated with highly interactive lessons with Virtual Reality. The phases of the training course:
- Characterization and collection of information on the automotive sector, companies and previous training programs carried out.
- Customization based on the needs of the company.
- Implementation of specific training and creation of interactive laboratories.
- Evaluation of training courses and their impact on the company.
Are you a manufacturing SME in the Automotive sector? The pilot phase has just ended and we are looking for Italian companies interested in starting the training activities in the next autumn as replicants. Write to [email protected], you will be contacted to learn more about the project opportunities.
For more information: https://www.mesap.it/azione-pilota-progetto-e2driver/
>> 5E project: Online the videos produced by MESAP for the winners of the 5E Contest
We are excited to publish the videos produced for the winners of the 5E Contest as part of the 5E project, which has come to an end after 30 intense months of work!
- Winner of the category Best electronics product category developed in-house by any interested party: Silicon Austria Labs (SAL), Austria, with the product “Sustainable Multifunctional Biface Sensor”, a printed, sustainable and multifunctional sensor that optimizes performance and minimizes material consumption through double-sided printing. The tag includes an antenna, passive NFC chip, and printed environmental sensors. Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X07TVrFhiM
- Winner of the category Best electronics product developed in the context of a funded project :VTT, Finland, with the product “Sensys: The Electrochromic Fish”, a platform that represents cutting-edge printed electronics in the form of a multiple SENsor SYStem. SENSYS is composed of several electrochromic displays printed on a single PET foil together with the sensors – temperature, pressure, capacitive touch and NFC antenna – and the integration of hybrid electronics. Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7q01mA37WY
- Winner of the category Best electronics product convergence among the Electronics Areas:HYPE Srl, Italy, with the product “Lilith”, an automatic and autonomous intervention system in case of violence against women, consisting of an intelligent garment, equipped with textile sensors integrated into the fabric that acquire kinetic and biometric data in real time. The signals are sent to a mobile app that triggers an alarm with the general information and geolocation of the victim. Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtACsrKB6zo
Find out more on the 5E project: https://5e-project.eu/
>> MIND4MACHINES: Mapping action in progress, soon the launch of the 3 million euro Call
MIND4MACHINES is the new Innosup project, of which MESAP is part, with the aim of improving the production processes of SMEs using digital technologies: IoT, Big Data, Cloud Computing, AI, Blockchain and Cybersecurity. The ongoing activities foresee the mapping of the diffusion and use of ICT solutions in manufacturing by SMEs. The action will lead to the definition of two Calls, scheduled for spring 2022, which will disburse approximately 3 million Euros – with a cascade grant mechanism – to cross-sectoral and cross-border collaborative projects between the ICT and manufacturing sectors. The analysis will also provide a package of information on European SMEs for the definition of business support paths, diversified according to the TRL of the project proposals that will be presented. Updates and opportunities offered will follow.
>> EPoSS Association: A new adventure for 4 MESAP members has started
We officially welcome our members to the EPoSS community: Adgenera, FLAG-MS S.r.l, Retuner by Orchestra and Tecnolab del Lago Maggiore Srl. An important result that, as historical members of EPoSS, we support with great enthusiasm. MESAP manages the collective Smart Systems Integrated® trademark of EPoSS, registered at EUIPO, which represents a distinctive tool to distinguish smart products at European level. Companies can request it under license as a guarantee of their product for the specific technical characteristics, quality and origin. For licensee companies, free association with EPoSS is provided for one year and many other opportunities. To become part of this ecosystem too, contact us by writing to [email protected].
To learn more about the EPoSS community: https://www.smart-systems-integration.org/benefits-membership-eposs
>> EPoSS Annual Forum 2021: Call for Presentations extended to 30 July
EPoSS will hold its annual Forum this year, entitled “Towards New Horizons”, from 4 to 7 October 2021 in Freiburg, Germany. In addition to the normal conference program, there will be networking opportunities and the Start-up Award, a competition created to encourage the direct participation of SMEs, start-ups and young researchers. We point out the possibility to participate in the Call for Presentations, whose deadline has been extended to July 30. Participation in the event is free for EPoSS members and speakers.
More information: https://www.smart-systems-integration.org/event/eposs-annual-forum-2021
>> IoTWeek 2021: Next-generation IoT for a sustainable future This year IoTWeek will be held digitally from August 30 to September 3, 2021. Each year, numerous thought leaders from the worlds of research, industry, business, technology and science shed light on the future of technology and the its impact. The event will offer the opportunity to:
- Discover the latest IoT news thanks to more than 180 opportunities between sessions and events
- Networking with researchers, entrepreneurs and representatives of international organizations
- Learn more about the projects funded by the European Commission on the Internet of Things
Free registration until August 29th: https://iotweek.org/