Key stakeholders in the social economy sector at the Enterprising for Tomorrow conference organized by ADV Romania
On May 13, ADV Romania is organizing the second edition of the Enterprising for Tomorrow - Social Entrepreneurship & Youth Engagement Conference. The event will be online via Zoom and in-person at Palas Iasi, Romania.
The event aims to activate a space for dialogue for policymakers, international experts in the social economy, pioneers, and social innovators, to inspire the next wave of social change through social entrepreneurship.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Top leaders from OECD, European Commission and European Investment Fund
• Workshops with 12 social entrepreneurs from Romania and Moldova
• A case study of a successful public program for social entrepreneurship in Ukraine
• Exclusive insights about OECD and European Commission initiatives for youth
EXCLUSIVE INSIGHTS ABOUT YOUTH INITIATIVES AND SOCIAL ECONOMY ACTION PLAN
- Antonella Noya, Head of the Unit on Social Economy and Innovation, OECD, will present a study that OECD is preparing on youth-led social enterprises.
- Dana Verbal, Team leader for Social Economy, DG EMPL, European Commission, will bring the news about the Youth entrepreneurship policy academy – a key initiative in the European Action Plan for Social Economy, which will be launched in 2022.
- Víctor Meseguer, Director of Social Economy Europe, will showcase the opportunities and key initiatives in the Social Economy Action Plan.
ALTERNATIVE FINANCING AND IMPACT INVESTING – TRENDING GLOBAL TOPICS
- Andrea Bratu, Investment Manager at the European Investment Fund (EIF), will deliver a presentation on the role of financial institutions in supporting social enterprises.
- Dónal Traynor, CEO of Community Finance Ireland, will spotlight the story of Ireland's fastest-growing social finance institution. Over the past 22 years, the institution has worked with many capital providers, helping social enterprises, sports clubs, and NGOs grow and impact the community.
THE CURRENT STATE OF SOCIAL ECONOMY IN ROMANIA
- Angela Achitei, president of ADV Romania and Ancuta Vamesu, president of RISE Romania, will offer an overview of the social economy in Romania, including current opportunities, the Barometer of social enterprises and new financing instruments. Angela and Ancuta are the only two women from Romania featured in the Euclid Network Top 100 Women in Social Enterprise 2022.
INTERACTIVE SESSIONS WITH SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS
12 social entrepreneurs from Romania and Moldova will share their stories in creating social enterprises. Their background ranges from green and circular economy to social, educational and cultural services.
HOW YOU CAN ATTEND
For people from all the European countries, the event is a great opportunity to learn, get inspiration and connect with social impact leaders. It is free, and it can be done from anywhere since it will be available online.
FREE ONLINE REGISTRATION: https://alaturidevoi-ro.zoom.us/webinar/register/8716517376024/WN_Wa8hT…