Hamburg Aviation at a Glance
Hamburg aviation At a glance
The Aviation Cluster of the Hamburg Metropolitan Region
- an aviation tradition of more than 100 years with today more than 40,000 employees
- three core companies: Airbus, Lufthansa Technik, Hamburg Airport
- supply chain with 300 aviation suppliers (SMEs) with distinct diversification
- a continuously growing scientific landscape with four universities focussing on basic research and practical applications in aviation technology (University of Applied Sciences HAW Hamburg, Hamburg University of Technology TUHH, University of Hamburg, Helmut Schmidt University)
- two research centres (ZAL Center of Applied Aeronautical Research, Technology Centre Hamburg Finkenwerder THF), two institutes of the German Aerospace Centre DLR
- qualification centre for professions in aviation technology; dual training at State Technical School for Production Engineering and Aircraft Technology (G15); private basic and advanced training; technical tertiary education; corporate learning location co-operation at the Hamburg Centre of Aviation Training Lab (HCAT+)
- Leading-Edge Cluster of the Federal Republic of Germany with focussed research projects in Hamburg’s aviation strategy: more economic, more ecologic, more comfortable, more reliable, and more flexible
- GOLD Label of the ECEI (European Cluster Excellence Initiative) initiated by the European Commission for excellent cluster management
- “Landmarks in the Land of Ideas” winner in 2016.
- powerful and communicative network of industry partners, public authorities, associations, universities and educational institutions
- networking of German regional aerospace organisations and international aerospace organisations in the EACP - European Aerospace Cluster Partnership
Cluster organisationHamburg Aviation e.V.