AEI TÈXTILS CELEBRATES ITS GENERAL ASSEMBLY AT INTEXTER HEADQUARTERS
On June 12th, AEI Tèxtils, the Catalan technical textiles’ cluster, held its 11th General Assembly at the headquarters of its partner INTEXTER – Institute for Textile Research and Industrial Cooperation in Terrassa, from the UPC.
The general assembly was followed by a tour to INTEXTER’s laboratories and a networking lunch.
AEI Tèxtils’ members at INTEXTER’s headquarters
During the general assembly, Dra. Ariadna Detrell, cluster manager of the AEI Tèxtils, presented the 2018 activity report, including:
- The cluster participation in various international events related to the technical textiles’ sector or in matchmaking events between clusters: the business convention CITEXT, the Dornbirn global fibers congress, the European Cluster Matchmaking Event or Boostalps, among others.
- The coordination of the European projects MIDWOR-LIFE and LIFE-FLAREX co-funded by the LIFE program from the European Commission, the Cost Action CONTEXT and the Catalan projects PACTEX and ECODISTEX.
- The participation as a partner in the European projects EU-TEXTILE2030, co-funded by COSME under the Cluster go International program and TEXSTRA, co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme.
- The organization of a mission to Colombia within the framework of the EU-TEXTILE2030 project.
- Presentation of several project proposals with the aim of increasing services to its members.
- Contribution in strategic reorientation projects of its members, through the SME Instrument programme of the European Commission
- Organization of cluster members’ meetings.
As specific objectives for 2018, AEI Tèxtils has already developed and/or intends to carry out the following activities: leading the CONTEXT network, including the organization of an international conference (Barcelona 30th January); participation and presentation of papers at several international events related to the sector; preparation of new European projects to expand the services and the activities that contribute to increasing the competitiveness of its members; collaboration on projects from their members, related to sustainability and circular economy; co-organization of business missions to Israel, Japan and Taiwan within EU-TEXTILE2030 project; the creation of the European association of advanced textile materials’ clusters; organization of networking meetings or supporting companies in strategic change projects through European programmes.
In order to carry out all these activities, the cluster has a staff of 3 people, with different complementary profiles to provide their experience both in the technical textiles sector, in the development of innovation activities, project management or strategic reorientation processes.
In short, what AEI Tèxtils intends to is become a reference to promote, boost and contribute in increasing the competitiveness of the Catalan technical textiles’ cluster and its members: 25 companies in the value chain of the sector and 7 organizations related to it (technological centers, research institutes, business associations, etc.).