Cluster Succes Story :
The initiative for creation a waste management and recycling was born in 2011, by the companies from the waste sector engaged in Skierniewice in August 2011. Those companies decided to establish an entiotity to help each other in regards of the sector focusing on their coverage area of the Lodz region and Mazowieckie. The cluster is based on the existing cooperation between businesses of waste management with companies providing consultancy services, research and development institutions and the business environment entities. After few years cluster hase became a supra-regional organizations covering and influencing the provinces of Lower Silesia, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Lublin, Lodz Mazowieckie, Malopolskie, Slaskie, Swietokrzyskie, Wielkopolska and West part of Poland.
- The systematic increase in the number of members and a growing interest in joining the cluster from businesses and organizations and institutions of science
- Territorial development of the cluster
- The development of international cooperation with international clusters and entrepreneurs
- The intensification of internationalization Cluster
- The development of member companies through participation in numerous projects: Many of our members work within the EU (eg. Horizon2020, KIC raw materials) and national funds (eg. NCBR)
- Through the development of networking and cooperation of companies associated in the cluster, new entities has been created like : startup, spin-off and the business environment institutions some of them are : Foreco Sp z.o.o. - Start-up, the production of alternative fuels, Association of Employers Chamber of Recycling and Recovery - institution of business environment, Darmark Sp z.o.o. - Spin-off - a unique customer service model,The company obtained the coordinator of the Cluster and implemented Quality Management System according to ISO 9001: 2008, Cluster Coordinator - Cooperation Center Recycling - not for profit system Sp. z.o.o in the years 2014/2015 responsible for project ,,Cooperation Center Recycling - not for profit system - socially responsible coordinator of the waste management cluster consisting in the implementation of CSR within the project,, Increasing the competitiveness of regions through corporate social responsibility (CSR) ' 'financed by the Swiss-Polish Cooperation Programme. Implementation of the project ended on February 28, 2015.
- With aspirations Cluster recycling was included in the list of national smart specialization - KIS 11. MINIMIZE THE PRODUCTION OF WASTE, INCLUDING UNFIT MATERIALS
- As a result of the development of the cluster in November 2015 it created a scientific project called Recycle Academy which was created for the purpose of educating the public and business entities operating in the sensitive and specific sectors, in order to create a "recycling society".
- From December 2015 cluster as a result of the development commenced operations of a lobbying in order to repair the current provisions in environmental protection law
- Cluster participate in all the major trade fairs (Eco Tech in Kielce, Poleco System in Poznan, Plastpol in Kielce, Warsaw Pack in Warsaw)
Knowledge transfers made within the cluster :
- Institute of Mechanized Construction and Rock Mining in Warsaw - working together on a project -ROW deliberate no-III-174/2011 - the development of technologies and equipment for dismantling cathode ray tubes. Chief Technical Organization Federation of the Scientific - Technical - NOT Innovation Centre in Warsaw
- Scientific Consortium called POLREMET concluded between the Academy of Mining and Metallurgy in Krakow and Warsaw University of Technology and P.P.H.U Polblume Zbigniew Miazga