Slovak Plastic Cluster
Slovenský plastikársky klaster / SPK
Slovak Plastic Cluster (SPK) - as a trans-regional cluster within the Slovak Republic is concerned of legal entities in field of plastic and other related industries. It was founded in 2009 based on the initiative of private subjects actuating in plastic industry. Since then its founding organizations declared a need of building stronger regional, national and trans-national networks, mutual inter-company cooperation, solving of insufficient education for plastic industry within all levels, and support in research and applied development.
By working together, we will gain more, for the present and for the future.
- Encourage the involvement of plastic companies in innovation, through collaboration with research organizations, within the sector and across the sector.
- Search, promote and, in other ways, promote innovative ideas with a view to putting them not practice.
- Participate in promoting and implementing Circular Economy rules (eco design, new material, recycling, etc.).
- Encourage the enhancement of skills and development of the innovation potential university students in collaboration with companies and organizations.
- Support experimental verification at 5 secondary vocational schools in Slovak Republic since the school year 2020/2021 in 3 new teaching and study fields.
- To mediate the education of secondary school teachers for quality assurance in new experimental fields in the field of plastic processing.
- Provide information base (information, databases, market surveys, fairs, B2B, etc.) to support networking in the Slovak Republic but also outside the country.
- Encourage business cost cutting through joint purchases (raw materials and energy).
- Continue to work with international partners to create new products, to exchange information, to promote collaboration among cluster members.
- Increase the quality of cluster human resource management and support cluster member training.
Support services for upskilling and reskilling of companies workforce
- Vocational training
12Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
1Other Ecosystem Actors