SIIT S.c.p.a. is a Technological District created in 2005 with the aim of creating an integrated system for the development of industrial research activity and its related training. This achievement is intended to benefit large industries, small and medium enterprise, the University of Genoa, diverse public institutions, research institutions and finance companies. In total, 115 industrial and academic entities, based on the regional territory, are participating to SIIT. In this environment, in particular, 95 PMIs are participating to the SIIT governance, throug an opportune representative in the Board of Director and in the Technical Scientific Committee. SIIT aims to create a virtuous circle among talented individuals, companies and financing, both public and private, in order to develop competitive research that could lead to strong industrial innovation, by setting the following objectives:
The District concentrates specifically on the following activities:
• Developing initiatives to support innovation through interaction between the academic world and technological enterprise;
• Making resources and know-how available to all;
• Encouraging companies to renew and develop projects in the field of integrated intelligent systems;
• Developing/strengthening technology transfer in order to valorise the results of scientific and technological research, directing it towards economic effects;
• Encouraging the development of technological start-ups (using logistics structures, legal and managerial resources), supporting both the spin-off and the early stage;
• Boosting joint research labs between university and research institutions-companies, and common structures with a high technological content such as testing and certification labs.
4Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
4Other Ecosystem Actors
Latest news and documents
There is no uploaded content...