Support services provided
Merinova supports internationalisation activities of the EnergyVaasa cluster members - focusing on partnering with selected North African public and private entities in order to strengthen the business- and technology cooperation.
For this purpose Merinova has developed the EnergyDays concept. This is a 2-3 days long energy sector specific event with presentations on upcoming investments, technology presentations and B2B meetings and workshops.
The EnergyDays concept focuses on:
- Identification of global energy market opportunities needs and challenges.
- Establishment of strategic partnership with the main energy stakeholders in the target markets, in order to identify the best practices and recommendations related to market entries.
- Introduce the latest Energy and Clean technology solutions developed within the EnergyVaasa Cluster.
- Promote the role of the cluster organization in the industrial development and research institutions in the energy sector.
- Brings together participants from policy makers, power utilities, public and private energy companies, financial institutions, investors and research institutions.
The EnergyDays concept aims at:
- Enabling a rapid increased visibility of the EnergyVaasa cluster
- Promoting the Finnish Energy Technology potential to African key decision makers in politics, power utilities and other energy stakeholders.
- Creating direct contact networks between the cluster members and the key decision-makers of the African Power Utilities, investors and financial institutions from Africa and Europe.
Promotion of activities – marketing and visibility
Merinova implements joint marketing and marketing campaigns in order to increase the national and international visibility of the cluster and cluster members. Selected examples include;
- The Energy Week in Vaasa; 14 events during one week in 2016.
- Energy Ambassador campaigns
- Joint Export Catalogue for the cluster members
Access to public support and funding:
Merinova initiates plans and manages joint public and private funded development projects for the cluster members
Facilitation of cooperation between cluster members
Merinova facilitates, for example, the following cooperation activities:
- Joint internationalization efforts to new markets
- Joint marketing and visibility campaigns
- Joint technology development projects
Access to European Internal Market
Merinova facilitates to the internal European markets focusing on Scotland and Sweden. The core activities include:
- Market opportunity seminars
- Well prepared B2B meetings and missions
- Joint stands at relevant exhibitions and conferences