Mission and Vision
The Nano/Microelectronics-based Systems and Applications Cluster (mi-Cluster) brings together highly specialised companies and public research institutions with the following common vision: “to create a world class cluster on nano/microelectronics-based systems and applications” and with the mission of: “establishing and promoting Greece as a significant and competitive global provider of nano/microelectronics technologies and applications” that will open new markets, foster new international collaborations for its’ members, and attract Direct Foreign Investment from major global industry leaders.
The mi-Cluster has mandated Corallia Clusters Initiative, or in short Corallia, to act as Cluster facilitator, acting as a catalyst for creating favourable conditions for its members to expand and make effective use of and promote Hellenic innovation at both national and international level. mi-Cluster is a high-tech innovation cluster with the following distinctive characteristics that have proven to accelerate growth and success:
- Is knowledge-intensive, focusing on innovative, state-of-the-art, highly competitive products
- Has strong exports orientation, boosting the competitiveness of Greece in world markets
- Possesses success stories of international calibre, capable of convincing potential investors that Greece has world-class potential boosted by a “can-do” mentality
- Comprises mostly of SMEs, including start-ups and spin-offs, aspiring to become pioneers in their respective fields and benefiting the most from supportive activities spanning under the cluster umbrella
- Exhibits pre-existing/pre-cluster formation (“bottom-up” rather than “top-down” approach), in order for participating members to recognize the importance of clustering in their value-chain operations and reach critical mass to pursue larger projects
- Leverages the top-tier Hellenic human capital, constituting the pillars that support competitiveness, entrepreneurship and innovation in the clustering ecosystem
The primary strategic goals for mi-Cluster that have been issued by Corallia and the Hellenic Semiconductor Industry Association (HSIA) are the following:
- The continuous and sustainable growth of the cluster, the cluster members and establishing the industry in the global market.
- Supporting and achieving entrepreneurial and R&D excellence as a powerful tool to develop innovative and competitive world class products.
- Improving members' productivity and profitability.
- Attract domestic and foreign talent to support and boost the industry.
- Attract domestic and foreign investment for the industry.
- Attract big multinational corporations to outsource and invest or to create design centers in Greece
- Continuous training and knowledge growth for the cluster members
- Creating economies of scale and scope to the benefit of the cluster members
9Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
2Other Ecosystem Actors
Membership in cluster networks, meta clusters and national associations of clusters
Membership in Cluster Partnerships or initiatives
|European Semiconductor Cluster Internationalisation Project|
Latest news and documents
There is no uploaded content...