Mission and Vision
The Nano/Microelectronics-based Systems and Applications Cluster (mi-Cluster) brings together highly specialised companies and public research institutions with the following common vision: “to create a world class cluster on nano/microelectronics-based systems and applications” and with the mission of: “establishing and promoting Greece as a significant and competitive global provider of nano/microelectronics technologies and applications” that will open new markets, foster new international collaborations for its’ members, and attract Direct Foreign Investment from major global industry leaders.
The mi-Cluster has mandated Corallia Clusters Initiative, or in short Corallia, to act as Cluster facilitator, acting as a catalyst for creating favourable conditions for its members to expand and make effective use of and promote Hellenic innovation at both national and international level. mi-Cluster is a high-tech innovation cluster with the following distinctive characteristics that have proven to accelerate growth and success:
- Is knowledge-intensive, focusing on innovative, state-of-the-art, highly competitive products
- Has strong exports orientation, boosting the competitiveness of Greece in world markets
- Possesses success stories of international calibre, capable of convincing potential investors that Greece has world-class potential boosted by a “can-do” mentality
- Comprises mostly of SMEs, including start-ups and spin-offs, aspiring to become pioneers in their respective fields and benefiting the most from supportive activities spanning under the cluster umbrella
- Exhibits pre-existing/pre-cluster formation (“bottom-up” rather than “top-down” approach), in order for participating members to recognize the importance of clustering in their value-chain operations and reach critical mass to pursue larger projects
- Leverages the top-tier Hellenic human capital, constituting the pillars that support competitiveness, entrepreneurship and innovation in the clustering ecosystem
The primary strategic goals for mi-Cluster that have been issued by Corallia and the Hellenic Semiconductor Industry Association (HSIA) are the following:
- The continuous and sustainable growth of the cluster, the cluster members and establishing the industry in the global market.
- Supporting and achieving entrepreneurial and R&D excellence as a powerful tool to develop innovative and competitive world class products.
- Improving members' productivity and profitability.
- Attract domestic and foreign talent to support and boost the industry.
- Attract domestic and foreign investment for the industry.
- Attract big multinational corporations to outsource and invest or to create design centers in Greece
- Continuous training and knowledge growth for the cluster members
- Creating economies of scale and scope to the benefit of the cluster members
9Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
2Other Ecosystem Actors
Latest news and documents
There is no uploaded content...