Support services provided
IBF will help its members by:
- Facilitating relations among innovative agribusiness, forestry, marine, energy and bioeconomy champions.
- Generating synergies between different sustainable initiatives.
- Enabling innovative projects to reach their next level.
- Creating an integrated ecosystem of converging assets and ambitions.
The Irish Bioeconomy Foundation (IBF) is now building, in the heart of Ireland, a new centre-of-gravity, for agribusiness, marine, renewable energy, and bioeconomy players, featuring:
- INNOVATION CLUSTER: the National Bioeconomy Campus (NBC), where our members and partners can aggregate to build new initiatives, converge interests and receive training;
- DEMONSTRATION PLANT: the Irish Bioprocess Demonstrator (IBD), where our clients can pilot and demonstrate their innovative biotech and green chemistry solutions with the latest technologies and know-how;
- EUROPEAN LAUNCH-PAD: connecting the Irish Bioeconomy Public-Private Network (IBPPN) to European funding, non-Irish businesses and international talents.
In 2020 IBF provided a broad range of new services :
- Design and Scale-up (Engineering consulting for scaling-up innovative process via design and evaluation services, supported access to pilots plants in Europe (2020) and in Ireland (2021).
- Access to Financing (support in pre-competitive innovation public founding soucing, opportunity spotting, positioning and bids set up, support in confidential private fundraising leveraging IBF network of Irish and extra-EU investors (EIIS, VISA scheme) and bank fundraising by leveraging IBF network of relationships with main Irish banks).
- Promotion and Outreach (support in positioning and promoting your products, processes and brand within the Irish and EU bioeconomy area).