Health and Life Sciences Cluster Bulgaria
The Cluster Strategy is based on several strategic directions and consists of number of Projects, which are closely interlinked and support the realization of the objectives of the Cluster.
- Building a sustainable regional innovation ecosystem in the field of health & life sciences. The major regions in Bulgaria that the cluster already started collaborations are Sofia, Stara Zagora, Varna, Plovdiv and Gabrovo.
- Support for entrepreneurship and the creation of spin-off high-tech companies
- Creation of the innovative and customized strategies for the target regions
- Sofia – next to BioCenter Sofia
- Varna – next to the regional project Varna a city of knowledge
- Stara Zagora – next to the newly established Green Advisory Council
- Participation into the creation of Digital Innovation hubs (DIH) in:
- Stara Zagora – dedicated to clean technology, environmental projects and life sciences.
- Varna – dedicated to health and Maritime.
- Mapping and analysis of existing resources and potential for technology development. GAP analysis and economic forecasts and models for calculating the investment and return on financial resources, including investment in research activities.
The project will be delivered in a collaboration with Oxentia (Oxford's Global Innovation Consultancy)
- Creation of a first BioCenter in Bulgaria (positioning in Sofia). The Center is in a result of successful collaboration with Health & Life Sciences Cluster Bulgaria, Sofia Tech Park and Sofia Municipality, through Sofia Development Association. The establishment of the Center is expected to strengthen the ties and create new partnerships between the academic, research, industrial and regional community as a condition for the development of specific regional and local innovation ecosystems in Bulgaria.
- Building a Regional innovation fund – over the Venture Building Models, like those in Alderley Park Ventures Limited (APVL) for example
- Creation of a first Bioethical Hub for translational medicine.
- Increasing Media awareness and creation of Media Center for science.
- Development of the project “Bulgaria meets UK for exchanging best practices in the field of Health & life sciences” and “Bulgaria meets China Bulgaria meet UK for exchanging best practices in the field of Health & life sciences”. Searching for other countries that are willing to participate.
- Building a Technology Transfer Platform
- Creation of Life Sciences Clubs in the rest of the regions similar like those in Sofia Tech Park
- Establishment of a representative office in Brussels for research, development, innovation and technology transfer (BGRDI), which will work to increase the visibility of Bulgarian scientific and innovative achievements, to create more opportunities for consortium participations and increase the country's participation in Horizon Europe (2021-2027).
- Signing a MoU with similar clusters and associations in the field of health & life sciences
- Searching and establishment of collaboration opportunities in EU and International Projects with focus over the Green Deal, Horizon Europe.
The cluster's strategy envisages the establishment of representative offices in other universities and cities in the country, guaranteeing cross-cluster, cross-industrial and cross-regional cooperation for SME development.
2Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
2Other Ecosystem Actors