Cluster Lucano di Bioeconomia ETS
Lucan's Cluster of Bioeconomy Third Sector Entity (CLB ETS) is a certified association that was established as a new entity to follow-up the action of the former CLB simple association, based on the initiative of various public and private subjects with the guidance of the Basilicata Region, which adopted the Regional Strategy for Intelligent Research and Innovation 2014-2020, identifying five thematic areas of potential development based on the structuring of specific clusters. These clusters include the cluster of bioeconomy, which is focused on water resource management, genomics for sustainable, accurate and integrated agriculture, nutrition and health, green chemistry and non-technological innovation in the agri-food industry. The Europe 2020 Strategy identifies bio-economy as a key sector for the development of smart and sustainable Europe. Progress in research and innovation will enable sustainable management of renewable biological resources and the opening up of new markets for food and a new industry based on biological resources. Bioeconomy breaks the traditional wall between agriculture and industry, defining a new relationship between these two worlds based on innovation and the sustainable use of natural resources for new industrial activities. Bioeconomy rests essentially on two pillars: 1. A competitive, agro-forestry system, of paramount importance, which produces raw materials in the form of biomass for food or industrial uses; 2. Industrial Technologies, able to fully utilize biomass to obtain different products that can be arranged along the segments of the value pyramid such as top-down medications, nutraceuticals, cosmetics, biopolymers, bioenergy. Members affiliated to CLB ETS, made up as non-profit organizations, are realities that operate in different fields of bioeconomy. Among members are present the University of Basilicata, ALSIA (Lucana Development and Innovation Agencies Agency), CNR, CREA, and companies, especially SMEs, belonging to the leading manufacturing organizations in the production sector , harvesting and industrial transformation of biomass.
CLB has the mission of: 1 promoting bio-economy in the region by contributing to the development of the sector at regionale and national level;
2 to foster the development and competitiveness of businesses on the strategic lines identified by the bioeconomy;
3 to stimulate the aggregation of public and private subjects on research, innovation and technology transfer;
4 encourage specialized training and employment;
5 to promote CLB in national and international contexts.
CLB ETS is managed by ALSIA (Agenzia Lucana di Sviluppo e di Innovazione in Agricoltura), the Basilicata Region Agency for Development and innovation in the agrofood and agroindustry sectors. ALSIA supports CLB ETS by both its cooperation network with SMEs and institutional assets, such as communication channels, agro extension services, experimental farms and Metapontum Agrobios Research Center.
The main tasks of the Agency are the following:
- carry-out specific advice, training and transfer services for farmers aimed to the modernization, upgrading and development of agricultural activities in order to increase production, enhance the quality of products and reduce the use of pesticides;
- provide support and services for the optimization in the utilization of water resources and irrigation systems, product's traceability, and biological control of crop diseases.
- implement and participate to Regional, National and EU projects in the field of research, experimentation and commercial promotion of agricultural products, geographic information systems, acquisition of patents and/or know-how which promotes the innovation in the production processes of agricultural holdings;
- promote the increasing use of biotechnology in the production processes and the valorization of Regional products, and provide technical assistance to support organization and marketing models based on the quality certification systems for agricultural processes and products innovation
- provide the management of Demonstrative Experimental Farms, based in Aliano, Gaudiano, Matera, Melfi, Metaponto, Villa d'Agri, Nemoli and Rotonda, through which it carries out research, experimentation and dissemination activities.
9Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
0Other Ecosystem Actors
Latest news and documents
There is no uploaded content...