Capenergies has been involved in European collaborative projects for 3 years. The cooperation developed by Capenergies with foreign clusters/organisations is particularly important for boosting its role in the internationalisation process of SMEs (exports, foreign partnerships and investments) which then leads to new job creation, growth and long-term sustainability.
• Flexigrid – Interoperable solutions for implementing holistic FLEXIbility services in the distribution GRID – Partner
The project (duration: 2019-2023, budget: 8,1M€) aims at improving the functioning of the distribution power network making it more flexible, reliable and cost-efficient, through the development of 4 hardware and 4 software solutions. This in view of making power grid more reliable, stable, secure and ready to integrate an increasing share of renewable energy sources.
Furthermore, a single open source platform will integrate the different solutions making them interoperable with the IT systems used by the energy stakeholders, increasing its replication potential.
Capenergies leads the WP on business cases development & exploitation strategy.
INTERREG MED 2014-2020:
• ESMARTCITY (Enabling Smarter City in the MED Area through Networking) – Partner
This single module project (duration: 2018-2020, budget: 2,5M€) aims at improving the innovation capacities of cities in the MED area, through the establishment of innovation ecosystems comprising citizens, businesses, research and academia, and public authorities, enforcing the Smart City concept. Throughout the project, Capenergies is in charge of fostering the European innovation ecosystem of the Smart City concept and is particularly involved in the activities of enhancing capacities of public authorities in conjunction with the relevant actors of the Smart City concept.
• EnerNETMob (Mediterranean Interregional Electromobility Networks for intermodal and inter-urban low carbon transport systems) – Partner
This integrated project (duration: 2018-2022, budget: 5,7M€) aims at creating an “Interregional Electro-mobility Network” for medium/long range Battery Electric Vehicles’ displacements at transnational level and impacting national and regional mobility policies for interurban low carbon transport in the Mediterranean and European areas. Capenergies is involved in the communication/dissemination activities, the collection of data about local sustainable urban mobility plan, the development of an ICT Electromibility platform, the assessment of pilot actions’ results, as well as the knowledge transfer towards 4helix players.
ENI CBC MED 2014-2020:
• GreenInMed (Speeding up the MED SMEs’ uptaking of eco-innovative solutions in energy and water management) – Partner
The project (duration: 2019-2022, budget: 1,4M€) has a twofold objective:
- Supporting hotel managers in the Mediterranean area to adopt innovative solutions proposed by SMEs and available on the market to reduce their consumptions of water and power;
- Speeding up the market uptake of new solutions which are being developed by start-ups for increasing energy and water efficiency of Mediterranean hotels.
Capenergies leads the WP linked to financial support for eco-innovation in SMEs by managing the call for awarding innovation-focused grants (budget: 100k€ in cascade funding).
- MARE - Mediterranean Activities for Research and Innovation in the Energy sector (2013-2016). This INCO project generated new joint RDT projects in the MED area. On the basis of exchanges of good practices on technology transfer on RES micro-grids, RES desalination and energy efficiency in buildings. (www.mare-euromed.eu);
- TOWERPOWER (2014-2017) is a research project targeting SMEs. The projet developed and tested a prototype for monitoring defects in offshore wind turbines. (www.towerpower.eu)