BALTIC SEA & SPACE CLUSTER
BALTYCKI KLASTER MORSKI I KOSMICZNY/BSSC
BALTIC SEA & SPACE CLUSTER (former POLISH MARITIME CLUSTER) is an important Maritime and Space Cluster in Central and Eastern Europe, an active maritime cluster player in the Baltic Sea Region and the EU, as well as a member of the European Network of Maritime Clusters, United Nation Global Compact and The European Cluster Collaboration Platform. The BALTIC SEA & SPACE CLUSTER focuses on transferring knowledge and organizing business, science and administration cooperation in a global and regional scale. The cluster thinks globally and acts globally.
BALTIC SEA & SPACE CLUSTER (BSSC) is an effective promoter of the Polish Maritime Industry and Space Technology and utilizes Polish coastal location as a national treasure. Cluster acts as a partner and a participant in numerous endeavors regarding Polish maritime and space economy, including by creating it as an equivalent of the national and European intelligent specialization. Cluster also interacts in the International Ocean Governance programme.
BALTIC SEA & SPACE CLUSTER are active in Poland as an expert in projects :
- SMART PANEL – qualitative research and analysis for the needs of the Entrepreneurial Discovery Process –PARP project (carried out by DANAE)
- SIEĆ OTWARTYCH INNOWACJI (OPEN INNOVATION NETWORK) – Industrial Development Agency project (carried out by INVESTIN)
- ISP1 – Pomeranian Smart Specialization - Offshore And Port-Logistics Technologies
- ISP2 - "Interactive technologies in an information-saturated environment"
- KIS 17: National Smart Specialization - Innovative Marine Technologies In The Field Of Specialized Vessels, Marine and Offshore Constructions and Logistics Based on Sea and Inland Transport
BALTIC SEA & SPACE CLUSTER support projects:
- GALATEA Blue Growth accelerator
- ZEVinnovation project
- TENTacle - Capitalising on TEN-T core network corridors for prosperity, growth and cohesion
- ELMAR - Supporting South Baltic SMEs to enter the international supply chains & sales markets for boats & ships with electric propulsions
- ECOPRODIGI – Eco-efficiency to maritime industry processes in the Baltic Sea Region through digitalisation
- E-LASS - European network for lightweight applications at sea
- InterMarE - Strengthening the international activity of blue sector SMEs in the South Baltic Sea area
- UMBRELLA - helps boosting cross-border cooperation capacities of Local Actors in the South Baltic Sea
- COGEA, CETMAR, POSEIDON. - Study on The Establishment of a Framework for Processing and Analysing Maritime Economic Data in Europe
Its high position in the national and international market owes to its supporting participants when publishing an up-to-date relevant information on https://www.bssc.pl/ and FB/TW. Cluster registers up to a thousand website visits or browser search per day. It is a significant outcome, remembering cluster’s exclusive and international-wide character. Such website section, as for instance, Clusters Observatory, Maritime Law, Baltic Sea Region Maritime Clusters Network, Port Community System, Maritime Policy, Baltic Sea Region Programme 2014-2020, Smart Specializations, Maritime Think Tank, requires greater recognition.
BSSC participates in numerous ENMC inititatives together with Karmenu Vella (European Commissioner for Environment, Fisheries and Maritime Affairs) and DG MARE, and Gesine Meissner (European Parliament, "Seas and Coastal Areas Intergroup" of the European Parliament). BSSC interacts also in the annual European Maritime Day by organising workshops and discussion panels (Gdansk, Brema), cooperates with the Polish Chamber of Maritime Commerce, Polish Nautological Association and other maritime clusters in Poland, i.e. Westpomeranian Maritime Cluster in Szczecin, Maritime Cluster of West-Pomerania and Transport-Logistics North-South Cluster.
Only the innovative firms and strong international brands are cluster members. Gdańsk University, Gdynia City, Pomeranian Special Economic Zone; Port Gdynia Authority; Port Gdańsk Authority; Automatic Systems Engineering; PROMECO; Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology (Gdańsk University of Technology); Gdynia Maritime University; Ośrodek OBR CTM S.A. - Center of Maritime Technology, member of PGZ - POLISH ARMAMENTS GROUP; NAUTA Shiprapair Yard, member of MARS Shipyards & Offshore Group; HYDROMEGA; HAMOND METHOD; Security and Safety Research Institute; The Gdynia Maritime School; PARTNER-SHIP, WHIZBRAND, Marine Technology, AWAT r3thinkPolska, New Competence Centre, A-SPE Europe.
European Network of Maritime Clusters, United Nation Global Compact; The European Cluster Collaboration Platform; Adriatic Maritime Cluster, Marine Cluster Bulgaria; Flanders’ Maritime Cluster; French Maritime Cluster (CMF) ; Irish Maritime and Energy Resource Cluster; Cluster Maritime Luxembourgeois ; Federazione del Sistema Marittimo Italiano; Cluster Marítimo Espanol (CME); Fórum Oceano – Associaçao da Economia do Mar; Maritime by Holland; Baltic Port of New Technologies (BPNT), Ogólnopolski Klaster Innowacyjnych Przedsiębiorstw, Klaster COP.
5Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
5Other Ecosystem Actors
Examples of training materials/events designed/organised by your organisation
Membership in cluster networks, meta clusters and national associations of clusters
Membership in Cluster Partnerships or initiatives
|BALTIC SEA & SPACE CLUSTER||