1. Studies of fundamental strategic importance to the Cluster which have contributed to other AIPQR’s projects, notably in what concerns “SMEs provision of support services to the activities of PCT”.
-"Study on the logistics requirements of the Petrochemical and Chemical industry in Portugal “
-“Study for the development of site shared utilities and support services".
These studies have contributed to:
(i) reduce electrical energy cost and natural gas tariffs payed by some of the Cluster's industries
(ii) ensure the future water supply to Estarreja Chemical Site
(iii) other AIPQR’s projects, namely in what concerns “SMEs provision of support services to Cluster's activities.
2. R&D in Cluster’s Industries and the development of advanced skills, knowledge and excellence in human capital (Advanced Training Course and Doctoral Programme in Refining, Petrochemical, and Chemical Engineering – EngIQ). Themes for PhD thesis are proposed by Industries of the Cluster, giving them the possibility to carry out relevant R&D projects in their industrial settings.
3. Training of plant operators and technical specialists in critical technical areas for the cluster´s industries, namely in "Automation and Instrumentation" and "thermodynamics and transport phenomena"
4. Development of a Community Panel in Sines industrial region, involving companies with local communities. Working groups were created in the following areas: (i) environment and sustainable development, (ii) civil protection and safety, (iii) cross-company cooperation and promotion of corporate social responsibility and education, (iv) culture and communication. This initiative has adopted the name of COMSINES - Sines Communities Council.
5- AIPQR has promoted the creation of six Working Groups, where relevant partners are involved. These Working Groups have enabled AIPQR to achieve its main objectives referred in this work.
6. AIPQR has been holding meetings with Official Entities in order to defend interests and objectives of the Cluster and of its associates
7. AIPQR was awarded the Bronze Seal Label - Cluster Management Excellence
8. Member of the PORTUGAL CLUSTERS partnership - an initiative which brings together national Portuguese clusters to exploring synergies and projects in areas of common interest.