Aclima- Basque Environment Cluster - Asociación Cluster de Industrias de Medio Ambiente de Euskadi
Basque Environment Cluster was created in 1995, under the Basque Government Industry Policy Action Plan, who intend to develop competitive advantages trough cooperation by constitution of regional strategic clusters.
ACLIMA represent Basque environmental market main actors, including private companies, research institutions, universities and public bodies such Basque Government, public water companies, local authorities and city councils & towns.
The key activity areas of cluster members are waste management, waste to energy, water, soil remediation, Air pollution control, Climate Change and natural resources & Biodiversity management, involving all kind of agents of those environmental value chains.
• Cluster companies environmental turnover: 1.790 million Euros, 2,5 % of Basque Region GDP
• Workforce: + 4500 specialized employees in different environmental fields
• Increase the competitiveness of the Basque environmental sector, at local and international markets
• Develop competitive advantages Through cooperation in strategic projects in 3 strategic areas:
- • Internationalization Promote the Internationalization of Cluster’s companies
- • Fostering Rd + innovation project Increase of R&D and Ecoinnovation in Basque companies
- • Identifying new business opportunities
Established - 11 April 1995
Staff in the management team - 6-10
0Number of start-ups among SME's
5Research Organisations, Universities, Technology Centers
0Number of civil society members
5Other Ecosystem Actors
Connection to cluster organisation(s)
|France Water Team||
Membership in Cluster Partnerships or initiatives
|EUropean Water-Smart initiative for fostering International Sustainable Development||